If You’re A Rebel — Read On!
That’s probably the worst call-to-action ever to get a rebel to do something.
But here you are! :)
Thank you for being a little less rebellious.
Being a rebel myself, I think I know quite a bit about you already. Let’s see if you can tick this list off.
- You don’t like to be told what to do.
- You are a free spirit, you hate to be tied down.
- You have a mind of your own (which is great!)
- But your mind seems to have a mind of its own (this is where the trouble begins!)
- You love facing challenges and doing things not known to many people.
- But you hardly complete any of them.
- You tell yourself that you aren’t a difficult person (but deep down you know you are).
Sounds like you? Then let’s get started.
Not sure whether you’re a rebel? Then take The Four Tendencies Quiz.
The author of Better than Before and creator of the Four Tendency Framework, sums it up quite perfectly:
“Rebels resist all expectations, both inner and outer alike. They want to do what they want to do, in their own way, in their own time — and if you ask or tell them to do something, they’re very likely to resist.” — Gretchen Rubin.
The more someone expects and pressurizes us to do something, the less likely we are to do it. And boy, don’t we love making choices just to prove someone wrong! — even if it comes at the expense of our own happiness, unfortunately (1).
Remember that time you ate 5 liters of ice cream in one go because your cousin told you couldn’t do it? And caught a cold for one whole week? Such a rebel.
You are not “other people”
I’ve been called a weirdo left and right. Apparently, all rebels are total weirdos who love to think out of the box. Unbeknownst to us…